Saturday, September 25, 2010

Becky Leaves and Brooke's Birthday

Today Becky flew home. I met her at noon in Osaka and we took the loop to Tenoji where we got on an Express train to Kansai International Airport.


The express is so much nicer than the local! We were on Haruka no. 23. It had a place for luggage at the back of the car. Very nice!




But it was more expensive than the local. On top of the 1160 yen we were paying for the trip, we had to pay 730 yen for express service. We did not have to pay beforehand. An employee came through asking everyone for their tickets and charging the people whom hadn't paid in advance. We were in a non-reserved car.


It was a beautiful day!














Finally the ocean came into view!




We found departures on the fourth floor.


But they refused to let anyone check into the seattle flight until two hours before.


So we waited...



And then the time came and she got checked in. I couldn't go beyond security, so I said my goodbyes then.




And with Becky on her way howe, I made my way back to the station in Kansai.



Map of JR West.


Kansai to Osaka.





I hopped on a local train. Not as fast, but not as expensive.


Instead of thirty minutes, this ride was almost two hours. So I got bored and took a ton of pictures...















I got back safe and sound.

...

So Today is Brooke's 22nd Birthday!


And to celebrate, we had a potluck party in her unit next door.





Risa made Birthday pancakes!


They have fruit in between the layers, oranges, pineapple and some other fruit I didn't recognize...





Not bad for potluck!



Brooke's present from Theresa. SUMI E!


Cutting the cakes...

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics. Never thought to have pancakes for a birthday, but it looked like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete