Saturday, November 6, 2010

INFES Final Day



You know it's going to be an interesting day when as soon as you arrive on campus, you see an Asian Obama trying to sell udon and yelling "Yasu wee kan! Yasu wee kan!"


Today is the last day of the international festival and it was very busy.


"Tempura Aisu" or "fried ice cream" for the rest of us. I so got "chocorate"...


They gave us a number and we had to wait. There was quite a line...


It was delicious!!!!


Today we performed twice.


I gave my camera to Cory and Brooke to take pictures...


...


But they did a good job. Got tons of pictures of me for my mom and everyone who are always asking for more of me...


















...Only in Japan..


For clarification purposes... yes, that is a lock on it's butt... don't look at me. I have no clue..



Eye make up again today...



I love gyoza!


Yakisoba not so much. I tried it. Not really my thing... For some reason I'm craving pizza today. They have pizza here, but not only is it expensive, it's... different. Don't believe me, check out the Japanese pizza hut website... lots of mayonnaise... http://www.pizzahut.jp/menu/


Malaika was in the fashion show.







Do you see what I see?


Little Alice-chan!



かわい!(cute!)


Graffiti artists working...



the hair... the hair...


And representing America in the fashion show...


Lady Gaga.



One thing about this festival, you constantly have people yelling out to you or approaching you, trying to sell you stuff, mostly food. These guys were selling "hotcakes" a.k.a pancakes.



The second dance which I didn't learn: Shu-shu, also known as "ponytail."











Traditional fisherman's dance. They represent the waves of the ocean I think.




Notice the kid in the audience wit the red shirt.


He apparently knew the dance very well. He performed the whole thing with them.









Next a dance from an anime...


And he wore the skirt again today...




Picture time!




Passed the graffiti guys on my way off campus...




And I went to Sanko, a grocery store to get some food... This shot is of the seafood section. It's huge.


dog and pet food.


Rice.


Produce.


100 yen shop in the grocery store. It's completely separate and you pay at a different register than the grocery. Walmart, it is not...


Grocery registers to the left and food to the right.


Dried stuff...


Frozen food section.


Sauces.


The frozen food.


blurry pic of the pasta section...



ramen isle...


Pickled stuff. I can never tell what it is...



tofu...


Premade noodles...


Drinks. They sell a lot of water, tea, veggie juice and fruit juice. They do have some soda, but mostly Coke, Coke Zero and Fanta.


Fried foods (tempura).


Premade food to go...



deserts...


Anyways. I plan on resting this weekend. That was my day...

No comments:

Post a Comment