Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 94 in Japan

(View I pass everyday biking up the hill past the East Gate
going to the east bike parking lot at Kansai Gaidai)

I find it hard to believe that I only have 19 days left in Japan. It's a strange feeling. A part of me feels as though this is all a dream and I will wake up in my bed back home. Another part has settled into life here and feels as though it's always been this way and always gong to. Either way, each day I inch closer to a great big wake up call.


( "Moonsong City" )

This is the piece I'm working on for finals. It's a place in my head that I can't seem to forget. I saw it once in a dream. There's so much tiny detail in this picture, it's crazy. I really like SUMI E as a medium for landscape. I like the smoky atmosphere it is capable of.

Oh! And it looks like I'm going to represent SUMI E in next year's Kansai Gaidai brochures given out to Japanese students to advertise the university. This is the first year they've attempted this particular style. They asked a number of students to have their picture taken to represent a different "group" at Kansai Gaidai, i. e. video-gaming, sports, etc. One of the ladies from the CIE tracked me down in my speaking class. She asked Theresa as well. I think Ikue put our names on a list maybe... Oh well. I told them I would do it. Sounds like fun. I'm supposed to have my picture taken the 8th with one of my SUMI E pictures. Not sure which one I want to take yet though...

Tomorrow Shanikia, Lindsey, Lindsey's friend, and I are leaving for Tokyo! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. We spent the afternoon printing out maps and directions to al the places we wanted to go. We decided to take the shinkansen, even though it's expensive, mainly because we have a big test in Speaking class first thing Monday morning. Also we decided we may never be able to go to Tokyo again, so we might as well make the most of it and spend just a little more money for a more enjoyable experience. This way we have more time to do what we want.

Anyways, I have some packing to do, but I wanted to update and let everyone know I'm fine. I may not be updating until I get back because I don't think I'm going to take my laptop... See ya'll then. ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment